This is the first fondant recipe I have tried and it came out really nicely. This is a VERY MESSY recipe, so be prepared to be covered in marshmallows and powdered sugar :)
Also, it doesn't taste bad, it just tastes like marshmallows!!
Marshmallow Fondant (MMF)
- 10.5 oz bag of mini marshmallows
2 tb water
2 lb icing sugar (approx. 8 cups confectioners’ or powdered sugar)
(DO NOT USE ALL OF THE SUGAR)
1. Melt marshmallows and water in the microwave. Check after a minute and give them a stir. Continue heating in 20 to 30 second intervals until marshmallows are completely melted.
2. Place about half of the sugar in a bowl or well cleaned surface. Make a well in the middle.
3. Pour melted marshmallow in and mix.
4. Add remaining sugar and continue kneading. (add more powdered sugar in tablespoons as you are kneading until fondant is well formed. Mixture should not be sticky)
* I ended up using about 3/4 of the bag of powdered sugar.
* You can use a KitchenAid Mixer to mix the fondant, but I just did it by hand the first time. I plan on trying the mixer next time.
* Be sure to grease your hands with Crisco so that the marshmallows do not stick to your hands :)
* To color your fondant, add gel food coloring and knead it into your fondant.
* To store my fondant, I covered each individual colored fondant in cling wrap and stuck all of the fondant colors in a large airtight container in the fridge.