"Marbleous" Peanut Butter Squares
I adapted the recipe that you can find here. My adaptations are in Orange.
Peanut Butter Squares
cup granulated sugar
cup packed brown sugar
cup butter or margarine, softened
cup peanut butter
cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
cup old-fashioned oats
teaspoon baking soda
tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
tablespoon milk (used 2.5 tablespoons milk)
Peanut Butter Frosting
cups powdered sugar
cup crunchy peanut butter
to 2 1/2 tablespoons milk (had to use the full 2.5 tablespoons here)
1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9-inch pan.
- In large bowl, beat granulated and brown sugars, butter, 1/3 cup peanut butter and the egg with electric mixer on medium speed. Stir in flour, oats, baking soda and salt. Spread in pan.
- Bake 17 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle the mini chocolate chips over the warm bars. Wait a minute and spread out the melted chocolate into a thin layer. Cool completely on wire rack, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix all Peanut Butter Frosting ingredients until smooth and spreadable; reserve 1/3 cup. Stir cocoa and 1 tablespoon milk into remaining frosting until smooth. If necessary, stir in additional milk until spreadable.
- Spread cooled bars with cocoa frosting. Drop Peanut Butter Frosting by teaspoonfuls onto cocoa frosting; swirl through frostings for marbled design. For squares, cut into 8 rows by 6 rows.
We stored them in the fridge and then just set a couple of squares out to get rid of the chill. They would have been fabulous reheated in the microwave for 15 seconds or so, but we don't have a microwave LOL!
Makes 48 squares