I had an old recipe for chocolate oat cookies, and so I decided to turn that into triple chocolate oatmeal cookies!
Triple Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup of white chocolate chips
- 1/2cup softened butter (half a cup equals one stick)
- 1/2cup granulated sugar
- 1/4tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3/4cup oats (not instant!)
- 3/4cup all-purpose flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1/4tsp baking soda
- 1/4tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Melt one cup of semisweet chocolate chips in a double boiler on low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat when all chips are melted completely.
- Beat sugar and butter with an electric mixer until fuffy.
- Add in melted chocolate, vanilla, and egg until well combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- Stir in 1cup of semisweet chocolate chips and 1 cup white chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until edges look set.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet for 5 minutes and enjoy!
- These cookies are super gooey, but the longer you let them set, the firmer they will become.
- If you are a nut lover, add a 1/2cup of walnuts or pecans!